February 03, 2017 | Cbonds
|Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for January 2017. The report gives data on global EM and DM (excl. USA), and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country page for Russia.|
Link to download GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: http://cbonds.com/comments/view/162021 (free access, authorisation required)
League tables are built using Cbonds tool: http://cbonds.com/rankings/generator/ (free access, authorisation required)
January 2017 highlights:
• Emerging markets in a record January bond rush: $70bn of new bonds were issued (103% higher than the year before).
• The Trump factor is the main market driver. New issuers were Argentina, Philippines, Petrobras, Egypt, Israel and others.
• January 2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia – 43% of new issue volume, CEEMEA – 24%, Latin America – 33%. 85% of new issues were denominated in USD, 13% - in EUR, other currencies – only 2%.
• EM league table leaders in 2017 are Citi ($9.9 bln), JP Morgan ($8.3 bln), HSBC ($5.5 bln), Deutsche Bank ($3.9 bln) and Barclays ($2.8 bln).
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2017 are Barclays ($15.4 bln), JP Morgan ($12.6 bln), HSBC ($10.9 bln), BNP Paribas ($10.5 bln) and Deutsche Bank ($10 bln).
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2017 are Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (11 deals), Allen & Overy (9 deals), Linklaters (9 deals), Clifford Chance (6 deals) and Shearman & Sterling (5 deals).
Company: Cbonds Group
|Full company name||Cbonds Ltd|
|Country of risk||Russia|
|Industry||Information and High Technologies|