January 11, 2017 | Cbonds
Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for December 2016. The report gives data on global EM and DM (excl. USA), and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country page for Russia.
Link to download GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: http://cbonds.com/comments/view/161273 (free access, authorisation required)
League tables are built using Cbonds tool: http://cbonds.com/rankings/generator/ (free access, authorisation required)
December 2016 highlights:
• In December total amount of 2016 EM issues reached $562bn (27% higher than the year before).
• Average yield to maturity droped from 5.03% to 4.79% for sovereign EM bonds and from 8.88% to 6.52% for corporate EM bonds (see page 3 for region details).
• 2016 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia – 43% of new issue volume, CEEMEA – 32.5%, Latin America – 24.5%. In 2016 81% of new issues were denominated in USD, 13% - in EUR, other currencies – 6%.
• EM league table leaders in 2016 are Citi ($47.7 bln), HSBC ($45.9 bln), JP Morgan ($44.7 bln), Bank of America Merrill Lynch ($32.4 bln) and Deutsche bank ($21.3 bln).
• CIS league table leaders in 2016 are VTB Capital ($4.1 bln), JP Morgan ($3.1 bln), Citi ($2.1 bln), ING ($1.3 bln) and UBS ($0.9 bln).
• DM league table leaders in 2016 are HSBC ($112.7 bln), Barclays ($88.3 bln), JP Morgan ($85.5 bln), Deutsche Bank ($79.5 bln) and Citigroup ($77.4 bln).
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2016 are Linklaters (249 deals), Clifford Chance (206 deals), Allen & Overy (152 deals), Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (142 deals) and King & Wood Mallesons (73 deals).
Company: Cbonds Group
|Full company name||Cbonds Ltd|
|Country of risk||Russia|