03/03/2017. Cbonds EM: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for February 2017
• In February 2017 volume of new issues on Emerging Markets has reached $48bn, 44.7% higher than in February 2016;
• February has become a continuation of the January's bond rush, corporate emitents has issued $39.5bn of new bonds, sovereign $6bn and municipal $2.5bn;
• Petroleos Mexicanos has issued the biggest ever EM corporate euro denominated international bond, the issue consisting from 3 tranches with total volume $4.25bn euros;
• February 2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia – 49% of new issue volume, Latin America – 23%, Middle East – 11%. 82% of new issues were denominated in USD, 15% - in EUR, other currencies – only 3%.
• EM league table leaders in 2017 are JP Morgan ($12.6 bln), Citi ($12.1 bln), HSBC ($10.5 bln), Deutsche Bank ($6.4 bln) and Standard Chartered Bank ($5.3 bln).
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2017 are Barclays ($19.6 bln), JP Morgan ($19.1 bln), HSBC($17.8 bln), Deutsche Bank ($16,5 bln) and Bank of America Merrill Lynch ($15.6 bln).
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2017 are Linklaters (25 deals), Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (16 deals), Allen & Overy (16 deals), Clifford Chance (13 deals) and Shearman & Sterling (10 deals).